Axiamo is hiring
We are looking for an embedded Hard- and Software Engineer, 80 – 100% in Biel/Bienne, Canton of Berne.
You write drivers and firmware for embedded devices (microcontrollers). Since we’re a small team you’ll be writing code, solder hardware, test in the laboratory and in the field, take part in customer presentations and possibly represent us in fairs and exhibitions. Current projects cover the topics of indoor positioning using ultra wide band, Movement Analysis with Inertial Measurement Units, 4G / WiFi / BTLE connectivity, GNSS, ECG and even software development in automotive systems. Since all of our projects are hardware related you’ll need a good understanding of electronics, schematics, layout as well as good soldering skills.
Environment / Tools / Development methodology
We’re using mostly OpenSource Software: • Linux on Desktops / Servers / embedded Linux • GCC / C++ / FreeRTOS / Qt Framework / Jenkins / GIT / Python / JupyterLab / Docker • CircuitStudio / Altium for PCB design Our approach to development is roughly based on SCRUM. You’ll spend very little time in meetings and profit from short decision paths, flat hierarchies and a lot of freedom.
As a candidate, you
• … have at least a bachelor degree in electrical engineering or a closely related field
• … bring very solid knowledge of general programming, C++ in special
• … are used to microcontroller programming with realtime requirements
• … appreciate constant learning of new techologies, languages and frameworks
• … are able to give realistic time estimates for your tasks
• … deliver reliable solutions quickly
• … have strong language skills at least in english, german is a plus
• … are open minded and able to get along easily with all different kind of people Conditions
• You’ll mostly work in Biel / Bienne with occasional meetings all around Switzerland
• 80% – 100%
• Starting immediately or January 2020
• Send your CV and whatever documents help us understand who you are and what skills you have as PDF to email@example.com
• Do not send paper version